Introducing #MelaninandMimosas

By | 2:18 PM Leave a Comment
Young Professionals groups are great; most of them are subject/field focused and you get to meet like minded people. As a black woman going to these events, I always cringed at me often being the only black person or person of color at these events. I was also disappointed to see if there were other black people or people of color there, that i was almost always the only woman.

I sought out to create spaces for black people; in particular black women, to foster healthy and supportive relationships with each other. I want to create a nation-wide (and ambitiously thinking) world-wide online network of black women just supporting each other.

Locally, I wanted us to meet, network, eat good, and support local/black business. Two business ventures have spawned from this idea. One of which I launched today.

#Carefreeblackgirls

The concept of the #carefreeblackgirl isn't new. In fact, there are several articles about, twitter waves created and tumblr pages dedicated to the carefree black girl. So putting my twist on the concept, I came up with the #CFBG first meet up in Houston called #MelaninandMimosas



25 of Houston's black women will meet and socialize, and network and have really cool food and drinks while supporting a black owned business on March 28th. The meet up will be casually held at Kaffine Coffee in the museum district. RSVP here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/melanin-and-mimosas-brunch-meetup-tickets-15832496423


If you have any questions about the event, email me at carefreeblkgirls@gmail.com.

Hope to see you there!

Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: