CITY SIGHTS: GET 'CHOCOLATE WASTED' AT THE HOUSTON FOOD TRUCK PARK

By | 9:10 AM Leave a Comment
Food trucks are the new thing. Im not completely sold on them but my boyfriend Brandon is and so far, I haven't been disappointed with my finds. Yesterday, after an amazing trip to Neils Bahr on Walker, we headed to the food truck park on leeland downtown down the street to pick up some dinner.

I was in the mood for dessert over dinner so I was delighted to see the colorful Chocolate Wasted urban ice cream truck amongst the array of deliciousness available.

Their menu was simple but delicious- Root Beer floats (with amazing St. Arnold's Root Beer), various ice cream flavors, including a tempting red velvet ice cream and fruit flavored pops. They have something for everyone-(gluten free houstonians rejoice!) Because I cannot have coconut (which is used in some of their products) and I can't have anything carbonated (alas, my dietary restrictions are sad), I thought I would be out of luck.


Boy was I wrong.


Enter the 'Elvis'-delicious banana ice cream between two AMAZING peanut butter cookies rolled in bacon. (Named after the late great rock superstar who just had a birthday pass last week)

The owner of the truck was great-she considered my dietary restrictions and recommended this behemoth of a dessert for us to share. I cannot tell you what I liked more about it- the crispy bacon that added just the right amount of savory goodness to the sweet cookies or the fresh homemade ice cream that melted perfectly in your mouth.

Brandon got a ice cream float and the two desserts (the "Elvis" was enough for two) cost us just $10 bucks.



I made sure to follow the truck on twitter @ChocolaWasted so I can find their next Houston pop up and I suggest you do too. (Red Velvet Cake....you're next on my list)
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: